This shake is an excellent meal replacement for breakfast or lunch. It’s chock-full of healthy saturated fat (from the coconut milk), high-quality protein (whey protein from grass-fed cows), and is loaded with antioxidants (raw cacao, raw honey, and berries).
Ingredients: (makes 2 shakes)
- One can of full fat coconut milk
- Raw cacao powder (2-3 tbsp)
- 1 cup Frozen strawberries and/or blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- (***Recommended) 1 scoop of (Designs for Health) chocolate whey protein powder (we carry Designs for Health protein at RCHC). It’s made from 100% grass-fed cows and has the purest ingredients. Other high-quality protein powders could be substituted as well.
- Blend away, and add water if needed
- A little cinnamon is a nice addition too
About the Author:
Dr. Devon Coughlin is a family wellness chiropractor in the South Jersey/Greater Philadelphia area. He specializes in preventive health care and is certified through the International Chiropractic Pediatrics Association (www.icpa4kids.org) in pediatric, prenatal, and postnatal care. You can connect with him by visiting www.revolutionchiropracticnj.com
image source: http://draxe.com/healthy-smoothie-recipes/